Professor, Vice Head of Polymer Division
Department of Chemistry
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Education & Training:
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow M.S. 1981 Chemistry
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow Ph.D. 1988 Polymer Chemistry
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow Doctor of Sciences 2004 Polymer Chemistry
The main field of research activity of Professor Sergeyev is the synthesis of proton/ion/electron conducting polymer composites by oxidative template polymerization in the solution, in the presence of soft-template (surfactants, polyanions) or hard template (MWCNT, polymer films). Using these approach different kinds of energy related composite materials were developed at Polymer Division of Moscow State University.
1981 – 1988 Junior Research Scientist, Department of Chemistry, Moscow State University
1989 – 1993 Research Scientist Department of Chemistry, Moscow State University
1993- 2000 Senior Research Scientist, Department of Chemistry, Moscow State University
2000 – 2006 Leading research Scientist, Department of Chemistry, Moscow State University
2006 – present Head of Polyelectrolytes and Biopolymers Laboratory
2008 – present Vice Head of Polymer division
Member of the Board of Vysokomolekularnie Soedinenia (Russia), since 2008
Foreign Special Visiting Professor, Nagoya University (Japan) (2012)
1996 - Fellowship from Japan Society for Promotion of Science
1996 - A main Award for best publications from publilishers "Maik Nayka" (Russia)
2000 - Lomonosov Award for scientific work from Moscow State University.
Selected Peer-reviewed Publications:
1. Lokshin N.A., Pyshkina O.A., Sergeyev V.G, Golubev V.B., Zezin A.B., Kabanov V.A., Levon K., Piankijsakul S. “Intermolecular Electron Transfer in Low-Molecular-Weight Polyaniline Models Associating on Protonation by Amphiphilic Acid in Organic Solvent”, Macromolecules, 34, 2001, p.5480-5487.
2. N.A. Lokshin, V.G. Sergeyev, A.B. Zezin, V.B. Golubev, K. Levon, V.A. Kabanov “Polyaniline-containing interpolymer complexes synthesized in low-polar organic media”, Langmuir, 2003, 19, 7564-7568.
3. O. A. Pyshkina, B. Kim, A. N. Korovin, A.B. Zezin, V. G. Sergeyev, K. Levon, “Interpolymer complexation of water-soluble self-doped polyaniline”, Synthetic Metals, 2008, 158, 999-1003.
4. A. Zinchenko, D. Baigl, N. Chen, O. Pyshkina, K. Endo, V. Sergeyev, K. Yoshikawa, “Conformational Behavior of Giant DNA through Binding with Ag+ and Metallization, Biomacromolecules”, 2008, 9, 1981–1987
5. Levon K., Nasybulin E., Menshikova I.P., Sergeyev V., Zezin A. Potentiometric monitoring DNA hybridization with polyaniline/nylon-6 working electrode // Polymer Science. Ser. A. 2009. V.51. №6. P. 1026-1033.
6. Nasybulin E., Menshikova I., Sergeyev V., Levon K. Preparation of Conductive Polyaniline/Nylon-6 composite films by polymerization of aniline in nylon-6 matrix // J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 2009. V. 114. P. 1643-1647.
7. Zhou J.Yu., Sergeyev V.G., Giuseppi-Elie A., Levon K. Potentiometric Detection of DNA Hybridization. Biosens.Bioelectron. 2009, 24, 3275-3280.
8. Shumakovich, G. P.; Vasil’eva, I. S.; Morozova, O. V.; Khomenkov, V. G. ; Staroverova, I. N.; Budashov, I. A.; Kurochkin, I. N.; Boyeva, J. A.; Sergeyev, V. G.; Yaropolov A. I. A Comparative Study of Water Dispersible Polyaniline Nanocomposites Prepared by Laccase-Catalyzed and Chemical Methods. - J. Appl. Polym. Sci. - 2010. - V. 117. - №3. – P. 1544–1550.