Professor, Head of Electrochemistry Chair
Lomonsov Moscow State Univerisity
Department of Chemistry
Education and Training:
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow M.S. 09/1981 Chemistry
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow Ph.D. 05/1986 Inorganic Chemistry
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow Doctor of Sciences 05/1997 Inorganic Chemistry
My main field of research activity is synthesis of new inorganic materials with important physical properties. In the 1990th years we discovered different new superconducting materials, and among them the Hg-based superconducting mixed cuprates family, which still holds the record for the superconducting transition temperature. The insights on inorganic materials design developed by us and strengthened by modern synthetic approaches are now intensively used to streamline the research in the following fields today: a) new electrode materials for electrochemical production of aluminum which is supported by the Joint Company RUSAL; b) new electrode materials for Li-ion batteries with enhanced energy and power densities; c) new cathode materials for solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) based on transition metal anion-deficient perovskites.
1995 – present - Head of the Inorganic Crystallochemistry Laboratory at Moscow State University
1998 - present - Professor of the Department of Chemistry of Moscow State University
2005 - present - Head of the joint RUSAL-MSU Laboratory for Basic Research in Aluminum Production
2008 – present - Head of Electrochemistry Chair at Moscow State University
1993 - Lomonosov Award of the Moscow State University
1994 - The Award of the World Congress on Superconductivity (Orlando, USA)
2003 - Russian State Award for Scientific Achievements
2006 - A.P. Karpinskij Award of the Alfred Toepfer Foundation for Scientific Achievements
2011 - Corresponding member of Russian Academy of Sciences
2011 - Member of Academia Europaea
Selected Peer-reviewed Publications:
1. Relevant publications: 1. S.N. Putilin, E.V. Antipov, O. Chmaissem, M. Marezio - Superconductivity at 94 K in HgBa2CuO4+ - Nature (London) 362 (1993) 226-228.
2. E.V. Antipov, S.M. Loureiro, C. Chaillout, J.J. Capponi, P. Bordet, J.L. Tholence, S.N. Putilin, M. Marezio - The Synthesis and Characterization of the HgBa2Ca2Cu3O8+ and HgBa2Ca3Cu4O10+ Phases - Physica C 215 (1993) 1-10.
3. S. Ya. Istomin, J. Grins, G. Svensson, O. A. Drozhzhin, V. L. Kozhevnikov, E. V. Antipov, and J. P. Attfield - Crystal Structure of the Novel Complex Cobalt Oxide Sr0.7Y0.3CoO2.62 - Chemistry of Materials 15 (2003) 4012-4020.
4. E.V. Antipov, A.M. Abakumov, S.Ya. Istomin - Target-aimed synthesis of anion-deficient perovskites - Inorganic Chemistry 47 (2008) 8543-8552.
5. I. Burmistrov, O. A. Drozhzhin, S. Ya. Istomin, V. V. Sinitsyn, E. V. Antipov and S. I. Bredikhin - Sr0.75Y0.25Co0.5Mn0.5O3-y perovskite cathode for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells - Journal of the Electrochemical Society 156 (2009) B1212-B1217.
6. A.V. Churikov, A.V. Ivanishchev, I.A. Ivanishcheva, V.O. Sycheva, N.R. Khasanova and E.V. Antipov - Determination of lithium diffusion coefficient in LiFePO4 electrode by galvanostatic and potentiostatic intermittent titration techniques – Electrochimica Acta 55 (2010) 2939-2950.
7. J. Hadermann, A.M. Abakumov, S. Turner, Z. Hafideddine, N.R. Khasanova, E.V. Antipov, G. Van Tendeloo - Solving the structure of Li ion battery materials with precession electron diffraction: Application to Li2CoPO4F - Chemistry of Materials 23 (2011) 3540-3545.
8. N.R. Khasanova, A.N. Gavrilov, E.V. Antipov, K.G. Bramnik, H. Hibst - Structural transformation of Li2CoPO4F upon Li-deintercalation - Journal of Power Sources 196 (2011) 355-360.
9. D.P. Rupasov, A.V. Berenov, J.A. Kilner, S.Ya. Istomin, E.V. Antipov - Oxygen diffusion in Sr0.75Y0.25CoO2.62 - Solid State Ionics 197 (2011) 18–24.
10. S.V. Chernov, Yu.A. Dobrovolsky, S.Ya. Istomin, E.V. Antipov, J. Grins, Svensson, N.V. Tarakina, A.M. Abakumov, G. Van Tendeloo, S.G. Eriksson, S.M.H. Rahman - Sr2GaScO5, Sr10Ga6Sc4O25, and SrGa0.75Sc0.25O2.5: a Play in the Octahedra to Tetrahedra Ratio in Oxygen-Deficient Perovskites - Inorganic Chemistry 51 (2012), 1094−1103.